By Felix Aigner, Helga Fritsch (auth.), Jean-Claude R. Givel, Neil Mortensen, Bruno Roche (eds.)
This completely revised and enlarged re-creation deals concise and well-structured chapters each one focussing at the medical, diagnostic, and healing features of a as a rule encountered by means of the coloproctologist and gastroenterological health care provider, who're confronted with progressively more specific and particular remedy modalities. the excellent, but easy-to-read, info during this useful consultant on either universal and infrequent anorectal and colonic illnesses is very very important for either the practitioner, who must be aware of all of the attainable modalities of conservative and surgical procedure, and the doctor, who must adapt his surgery to the scientific and anatomical findings. particular guidance are given and surgical ideas illustrated. each one bankruptcy is done with updated references and a self-assessment quiz.
Read or Download Anorectal and Colonic Diseases: A Practical Guide to Their Management PDF
Similar diseases books
Detection of minimum residual illness (MRD) is more and more utilized in the administration of leukemia sufferers. a wide selection of equipment were built and contain applied sciences designed to realize residual malignant cells past the sensitivity of traditional techniques reminiscent of morphology and banding cytogenetics in leukemia.
This publication concisely yet completely summarizes advances in figuring out of the spectrum of orbital inflammatory problems that experience resulted from contemporary easy and medical examine and explains their importance for scientific perform. the entire diversity of inflammatory problems is taken into account, together with bacterial and fungal infections, IgG4-related orbital irritation, sarcoidosis, Sjögren’s syndrome, Wegener’s granulomatosis, grownup xanthogranulomatous ailment, thyroid eye affliction, and Langerhans mobile histiocytosis.
- Medical Genetics at a Glance
- Dermatologic Clinics (Infectious Diseases, Volume 21, Number 2, April 2003)
- Diseases of the Esophagus
- A Guide to the Spiritual Dimension of Care for People With Alzheimer s Disease and Related Dementia: More Than Body, Brain, and Breath
- The Memory Cure : How to Protect Your Brain Against Memory Loss and Alzheimer's Disease 2002 Edition
- SICK!: Diseases and Disorders, Injuries and Infections - Volume 2
Additional resources for Anorectal and Colonic Diseases: A Practical Guide to Their Management
23 Transanal Ultrasonography and MRI . . . 23 Rectal Capacity, Distensibility and Compliance . . . . . . . . . . . . 24 Anal Sensation . . . . . . . . . . . . 24 Colorectal Transit Time . . . . . . . . . 24 Colorectal Emptying . . . . . . . . . . 25 Defecography . . . . . . . . . . . . . 25 Anal Continence and Normal Bowel Movements . . . . . . 27 Practical Guidelines for Use of Tests of Incontinence and Constipation .
17. 18. 19. 20. 21. 22. 23. 24. Cook IJ, Furukawa Y, Panagopoulos V, et al (2000) Relationships between spatial patterns of colonic pressure and individual movements of content. Am J Physiol 278:G329–G341 Daniel EE, Berezin I (1992) Interstitial cells of Cajal are they major players in control of gastrointestinal motility. J Gastrointest Motil 4:1–24 Denny-Brown D, Robertson EG (1935) An investigation of the nervous control of defecation. Brain 58:256–310 Duthie HL, Bennet RC (1963) The relation of sensation in the anal canal to the functional anal sphincter: a possible factor in anal continence.
27 Constipation or Obstructed Defecation . . 27 References . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 1 Colonic Motility Contractions are either phasic or tonic . Phasic colonic contractions last a few seconds and cause elevated intraluminal pressure [16, 26]. They are single, nonpropagating contractions or mass contractions. Single, nonpropagating contractions occur very frequently and include shorter or longer segments of the colon [8, 31]. The main function of these contractions is to mix the colonic luminal content, thereby promoting absorption, or to move the colonic content over a small distance .